I am all for an EASY dinner…but on the OTHER hand I like to have a lot of fresh ingredients in my dinner. So when having the chance to try Gorton’s Seafood, I was excited to see what new things they had to offer. I remember eating their fish sticks many times growing up, but I wondered what other products they sold. AND I FOUND they have so much MORE than just fish sticks.
Through May 8, Gorton’s is giving away more than 100 weekly prizes on “Fisherman’s Friday.” They’ve also got a truly spectacular grand prize to give away. In total, prizes are worth nearly $10,000! So many surprises….so much fun!
Here are just some categories of Seafood that they offer:
Breaded Fillets, Battered Fillets, All Natural Grilled Fillets, Salmon Grilled Fillets, Fish Tenders, Five Star Tilapia, Grilled Shrimp, and Shrimp
I of course chose the Shrimp…I’m just a shrimp girl myself. I looked for the Salmon, but my “country grocery store” didn’t carry the variety I wish they did. I would KILL for Salmon.
Here are some Recipes I was excited for:
Grilled Shrimp Fish Tacos
*It seems like a lot of ingredients…and some I did without, but the seasonings I kept the same. I like using my fresh veggies and combining with a easy prep meat. The taste was sensational. I LOVE shrimp for the ability to pack a LOT of flavor but NOT have the regretful OVERSTUFFED feeling after eating it. THIS meal was light to the tummy but FULL of FLAVOR!*
1. Prepare Gorton’s Classic Grilled Shrimp according to package instructions; cool slightly and carefully remove tails.
2. In a large bowl, stir together shrimp and lime zest until well coated. Stir in mango, avocado, corn, scallion, queso fresco, jalapeno and cilantro.
3. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and salsa verde.
4. Fill tortillas evenly with shrimp mixture; drizzle with sour cream mixture and serve.
*THIS one I was hesitant for because being PREGNANT I tend to get heartburn and acid reflux easy…but the taste was SO yummy, and without the heartburn!
The popcorn shrimp alone were OK to taste, but with the dressing I ate almost the WHOLE bag!*
1. Prepare Gorton’s Crunchy Golden Popcorn Shrimp according to package instructions.
2. In the meantime, blend chili sauce, mayonnaise and vinegar with a whisk.
3. In a large bowl, pour sauce over cooked shrimp and gently coat, serve immediately.
**I was PLEASED with the products I tried and excited to try their other varieties of seafood. I love that it is an easy GO-TO meal! And their prices were fair, even at our local country store.
I was not paid for this review, any and all opinions are mine!**
TO PURCHASE: check out any grocery store to FIND your NEW FAVORITE Gorton’s Seafood product!