I have four kids. Three out of the four ask me on a regular basis if we can get a dog. I’m pretty sure if my youngest could express herself in actual words, she’d be asking right along with them. We have a cat, but it’s just not the same. There’s just something about dogs, no matter what shape or form, that kids love – from stuffed animal dogs to books about dogs to cute little doggy stickers, we’ve got it all. And now, we’ve even got a dog for the kids on my iPhone, thanks to Cube Dog – a 3D toy by Podotree, Inc.
Cube Dog is so cool that I didn’t even have to “sell” it to my kids… I downloaded the free app earlier in the day and customized my Cube Dog to my liking. The second I got home, my iPhone was stripped from my purse (a daily occurrence) and my son was on the couch getting his fill of apps for the day. When I came out of my room not even 10 minutes later I heard the cutest laugh that was unmistakably Cube Dog. As I walked over to my two middle children hovered over my iPhone, I started to explain, “This is a new app where you can make your own dog and….” Then I stopped mid-sentence because not only had my son opened up the app, he had re-customized my Cube Dog to his liking! He didn’t even need me to explain anything, let alone tell him how cool this new app was. They were having a grand old time playing fetch with his cute turquoise (formerly hot pink) pup and they absolutely loved that Cube Dog would call them with its own iPhone.
Okay, so here are some of the really cool features of Cube Dog (compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch 4 w/camera) :
- You can customize your own Cube Dog by selecting various parts (that include body, ears, eyes, etc.) and colors. It’s fun to slide the arrow up and down on the color bar to see your pup change colors right before your eyes.
- Full 3D graphics with the ability to rotate and zoom. You can see all angles of your Cube Dog in high quality 3D animations.
- You can take a picture of your Cube Dog wherever you are… in your office, on your bed, or standing on the Empire State Building!
- You can pet and tickle your Cube Dog to your heart’s content and hear it laugh, pant, and even get all lovey-dovey with hearts for eyes.
- Did I mention it was free? AND you can customize up to 3 Cube Dogs at a time!
Check out this short clip to see just how cute Cube Dog is…
My kids love Cube Dog and I love that their desires for a puppy are satisfied (without all the mess)… at least for now!
You can also check out Cube Dog on Facebook for more details and to watch for a fun contest running June 13-17!
While Cube Dog provided me with the app to review, the opinions I’ve expressed here are solely my own and represent my honest viewpoint. Cube Dog, Clever Girls Collective and I promote Blog With Integrity.