The SilverMat has a natural defense system to fight the odor and bacteria with silver ions. This doesn’t use harsh chemicals and is activated by moisture- so when you’re working hard, it does too. To clean, just wipe down with a damp cloth.
It’s also extra thick because of that extra silver layer, so even better for you while working out. SilverSport lists the specific features of the mat:
- Textured, slip-resistant surface
- Features TerraSilver™, a cutting-edge, antimicrobial nanotechnology using natural silver particles that delivers anti-odor and antimicrobial performance
- Lightweight for easy transportation
- Durable and firm
- Used for hot yoga, yoga, Pilates and general fitness
- Wipes clean with a damp cloth
- 1/4″ thick foam
- Dimensions: 68″ Length x 24″ Width
- Weight: 2 lbs
My husband tried it, since he is doing P90X and there are lots of sit-ups and push ups and other floor exercises. But with such trends at “Hot Yoga” and other workouts taking advantage of a good sweat- this will be the mat you want to have!
I was not compensated for this post although I did receive a free product sample to facilitate my review. Any and all opinions here are my own.